That’s 1 down, 51 more to go!
The first week has been fairly straightforward. Its the recovery period. Its been a kind of blur but, this week I’ve achieved the following:
- 1 Week no drink (no big deal), including going to the football away game. (Usually a session).
- One run, slow and steady 4.5miles (9min/mile pace)
- Found a new gym that is empty in the mornings – 1 training session at 0600hrs complete.
- Got organised financially and set goals for the year.
- Solid week at work
- Had 1 psychotherapy session.
- Started Blogging!
- Had my liver function test, awaiting results (fingers crossed)
Burning question ….. Would i of achieved all of that if i had still been drinking? Well, seeing as the ‘weekends are my nemesis’ I would probably say that there are definitely 3 things on there that i wouldn’t have done normally. No run, No finance organising, and i would have had had a drink of course, so thats out. So, yeah, already seeing the benefits.!
I feel a lot better than i did last week. I feel empowered, a bit clearer and slightly healthier. I do feel quite irritable though. I’m not sure if that’s the mental ping pong going on, or more likely the toxins leaving my body. Maybe a bit of both.
Goals for next week are:
- Blog every day. Blogging for me is like a personal journal, i’m 100% finding it a useful tool in my quest!
- Exercise at least 3 times.
- Complete my personal admin ‘To do’ list
- Attend my dads birthday meal alcohol free.
All very achievable I would say 🙂
I’m going to leave you with a simple, but appropriate quote that sums up how i’m feeling at the moment.
‘The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new’ – Socrates
Onwards and Upwards 🙂